ASAIB aims to promote indexing, the quality of indexes and the profession of indexing. Membership is open to any person who is or intends to be directly involved in indexing and includes specialist indexers in more than a hundred different subjects.
ASAIB is affiliated to the Society of Indexers, London.
- To compile and maintain a register of freelance indexers and bibliographers, which it disseminates to the publishing industry
- To liaise with the publishing industry to ensure the maintenance of standards as well as appropriate fees for indexers and bibliographers
- To offer short courses, meetings and workshops on indexing and compiling bibliographies
- To offer additional advice on matters pertaining to indexing, including information on recommended books, computerised indexing programmes, and university and other courses in indexing and bibliography offered in South Africa
- To publish guides to aspects of indexing and compile information booklets from conference material for the benefit of its members
Membership is open to any person engaged in indexing and bibliographic work, or any person interested in the objectives of ASAIB.
Annual membership fees
To register as a member, please go here
Marlene Burger – firstname.lastname@example.org